To help improving the K-PACS software, feel free to report bugs and propose changes via email.
Note: A free registration is required in order to download the K-PACS software.
You can download K-PACS now from Download Center of IMAGE Information Systems Ltd.
Please login and go to the category "Free DICOM Tools".
All-in-one installer incl. Update
||K-PACSAll-in-oneInstaller (V1.6.0) for WindowsXP/2000 (7.1 MB)
||Attention: make sure that KPServer.exe is not running before updating K-PACS!
Version V1.6.0 – What's new?
For an overview of the new features in K-PACS V1.6.0, please check the announcements in the forum.
- Download and start K-PACS all-in-one installer. Follow the instructions of the installation wizard.
- Run the K-PACS Viewer from “Start” menu or desktop.
- To start K-PACS Server on Windows startup, link the file KPautostart.exe in [your K-PACS directory)\K-Pacs-Server] to the autostart directory of the “Start” menu.
- In order to communicate with a remote DICOM server, you need to enter the server’s DICOM properties under DICOM Settings (second button in the right-hand top corner, see CONQUEST example) and do the same with the K-PACS server AET, port and IP at the addressed remote server.
Short user guide
- Click NETWORK or DATABASE tabulator to change between the local available data (Database mode) and server communication (Network mode).
- In order to send images to a server, select wanted studies (multi-select possible), click on the transfer button and select the target server.
Attention: in DICOM mode (table color is gray) a c-Move request will be sent to the queried server.
Images do not have to be stored locally, but the queried server must know the target server’s DICOM properties. In local mode (table color is green) a c-Send request will be sent to the target server.
Therefore the target server should accept K-PACS server requests (check target server settings).
Import of DICOM images into local database
- Click the 'Filesystem' tabulator in the query panel and select the folder with the DICOM images you wish to import. After clicking 'Accept' the found studies will be displayed in the study grid similarly to a 'real' DICOM archive query. Double-click on a study to view it.
Import of BMP and JPG images into local database
- After clicking the "Import" button you can select the images you wish to convert (hold down SHIFT or CTRL key for multi-selection). Fill in the patient data fields and click 'Create DICOM studies'. The created DICOM images will be registered in the local database.
Sending images via email
- Select wanted study(ies) and left-click on the 'send by email' entry ('Export' button). Add the recipient's address, subject and text as needed and make the proper selections for sending the DICOM data.
- To view single studies just double-click on them to load them into the viewer. For multi-selection mark the respective studies using the checkbox in the first column and then click on the 'Viewer' button.
- In the K-PACS Viewer you select series via the series preview bar. Buttons are mostly self-explaining; some functions are accessible by right-clicking on them.
K-PACS server settings
- To adjust server settings use the K-PACS Admin Tool (under 'local settings', 'Server Admin Tool' Button) or run kpserveradmin.exe in the /K-Pacs-Server directory.
- It is also possible to automatically delete older studies using an overflow management based on the date of registration of the studies by defining the number of days the studies shall be available locally.